Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Bills, Bills, Boys

As I'm getting ready to make room for the baby-it forced me to clean out boxes and boxes of years of stuff I never knew I had.

However, the one thing that I did know I had were bills, more specifically-cell phone bills. Let me ask you this: Why is it that cell phone bills layout EVERY detail-who you called, who called you, how long, etc. As I was skimming through I noticed numbers had started to trail off...not having them in my phone currently, it made me think-HOLY COW! This is my dating timeline!

Area codes ranging from 760 to 858 to 619, numbers that followed that IMMEDIATELY brought up memories of lost and well forgotten men of my past. First the numbers were quite frequent, then moving in to, every 2 hours or so, which lasted anywhere from a few days to a few months and then BOOM! No more number. Isn't that how it usually goes though? No more of the number popping back up trying to get back together-when you date in your 20's, that's just it-you date. Good dates, turn into relationships and some relationships work and others don't. But hardly, do you play the back and forth game and if you do-take it from me who did that for 9 years, it's not going to last.

So back to the bills-the bills can tell more about your life, then any other piece of mail-they tell when you have money, when you don't. When you own something, or owe something :) Life can be determined on bills and I though having over 10 diaries (yes, I found them all) was going to tell the story of my life. Maybe instead of leaving my journals (diaries, depending on how old you were when you wrote in them), I'll just leave my kids a scrapbook of bills!

Maybe by the time my kids are old, bills will be obsolete! Ahhh...here's to dreaming.

Happy Blogging!

No comments: