Sunday, July 6, 2008

Another Freakin' Monkey Wrench

Once again, I am utterly speechless with shock at the 'Monkey Wrench' the so-called "toolbox" threw at me. Having not heard from this person in weeks and actually changing the name in my phone to something that is a little less...complimentary (think more playground-esque). 

I was enjoying a quiet evening with a friend and her fiance when..."Holy cow...he's calling me." My friend, being a great and understanding person (I think she was just waiting for the drama to unfold), told me to answer it.

Very long, (somewhat drawn-out, though entirely entertaining) story later...an apology came and he admitted that he somewhat fell off the face of the earth. 

Being GHE and sticking true to this...I must admit that there is just a hint of BS detected in this very nice call/explanation/loads of excuses-but let's be honest here...I hear more from people who have cellphone mishaps than I do from this guy.

Not giving him the benefit of the doubt, although he did provide me with about 10 minutes of entertainment at his expense of course. Thanks for being big enough to laugh at yourself...because you know I'm laughing with/at you.

The question remains...should this guy have a chance?

No comments: