Thursday, January 29, 2009

Half Empty Cup O Joe

I read the other day that Starbucks is closing 300 locations, meaning 6,000 people (350 of which come from their Corporate offices) are losing their jobs, so what does this mean for the consumer? Well, I think it's pretty apparent that since they're closing locations, people have finally realized that paying $5 for a cup of coffee is truly, RIDICULOUS!

Yes, call me a hypocrite, because to say I've never had Starbucks is obviously a lie, but to say that I have Starbucks maybe once a month, isn't. I do so enjoy their Caramel Lite Fraps, but to continuously pay $4-$5 for it, put a Venti-sized strain on the wallet.

Plus, they sell their not-so-delicious coffee at any major Supermarket, so buckle down and buy a $10 coffee-maker at Target, hit the Supermarket, buy the dark roast, practically burnt black coffee in the nice Starbucks package and try saving a few hundred dollars a month on making your own at home.

It took me, oh I would say about 4 years to realize the financial benefits of making coffee at home, plus you get to add your own little yummy treats-my favorite is Cinnamon.

Anyway, learn from my mistake-save money, drink more (coffee from home).

Sorry Starbucks-although I do still love your Caramel Frap Lites!

No comments: