Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Getting Bigger and Wider and More Swollen

It wasn't too long ago that I wrote about some joys of pregnancy and although there are still joys, the inner GHE is here...at last.

Let's start at the bottom, mainly because they are super swollen and are starting to hurt. It also has me wondering if my mother was right, that it has to do with diet, but I'm definitely not eating the additional 500 calories I'm supposed to and my veggie and fruit intake has doubled since I became with child. Plus, I walk 6 days a week, so how can my feet become so swollen and the circulation in my legs are getting worse as well. I'm thinking it might be my body not knowing how to adjust and not so much my diet, but whatever will ease the pain, I'll do it.

Look, a lot of the books say that rubbing Coco Butter on you won't prevent stretch marks, but I'll tell you, I haven't seen (a new) one stretch mark yet and trust me, I've popped! Oh and my face has decided that we're going through puberty for the first time, so hello breakouts. Because I don't feel unsexy already, what with my swollen feet, varicose veins, enlarged mid-section and back aches that won't stop, let's top it off with giving me zits too-thanks hormones!

So, where was I? Oh yeah, at the beginning...my feet have become so swollen, that I've stopped wearing flip flops and started wearing sneakers in hopes that like the Geisha, I can shrink or in this case stop my feet from growing. It's not as painful as it sounds, but it is getting a little more difficult to bend over to tie my shoes.

Moving up, my thighs and hips have also expanded in order to make room for the growing baby, I swear pregnant women have to be the most unselfish, masochistic people on this planet. You take the good with the bad, and there you have the facts of pregnancy!

Going back to the legs, I must say with all the walking I'm doing, my backside has never been more round or firm-I normally don't have that great of a booty, but I'm putting Beyonce or Rhianna to shame and the "beau" is loving it as well.

Now, the mid-section, I know, it's going to get big and I'm not actually complaining about this, but let me tell you, running/jogging with extra belly room, is really a weird feeling. Even my dog did a double take.

My arms have also gotten bigger, which I'm thinking has more to do with water retention than anything else, but apparently it's extremely common-I mean there is no body part that is safe from pregnancy, everything is effected, one way or the other.

Lastly, my face-not only is it getting round, but it's getting full of acne! Given, I never had breakouts before and yes having 2 zits is considered a breakout to me, I'm sorry, I'm just one of those girls who freaks when they're normally clear skin isn't exactly clear.


All in all, I basically feel like this:
I have no idea whose body this is anymore, apparently it belongs to the little boy growing inside of me. Typical right? A man has got me all confused and uncomfortable.
WOW! Thanks GHE for that fabulous venting session, I feel almost like myself again.
Happy Blogging!


No comments: